Cocktails of the World – Part two
Taking our taste buds there, even when we can’t.
While our love of travelling is put on hold, we’ve decided to combine two of our second favourite loves – the love of learning, and the love of cocktails – into a multi-part blog celebrating the world’s flavours in a single delicious glass…
Our friends at Crystal Cruises are responsible for this recipe. We recommend putting on your favourite reggae band while you watch the sunset and imagine that you are wandering the beaches of the Caribbean.
- 2 oz Bacardi Carta Blanca
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice
Add ice to a tall tumbler, pour over Bacardi, squeeze over lime and top up with Cola.
“Do not allow children to mix drinks. It is unseemly and they use too much vermouth.”Steve Allen
Made with the quintessential Argentinian drink – Pisco – this is the perfect drink to sip as you envision orca swimming past a sea of majestic icebergs in Antarctica. Brought to you by our friends at Silversea, here is the Ice Breaker…
- 1 bsp. Supasawa
- 1/2 oz. Italicus liqueur
- 1 oz. Cocchi Americano
- 1 oz. Pisco
- 3 oz. Fentimans Elderflower Tonic
- 3 dashes Regans’ Orange Bitters No. 6
- Prepare a tarragon sprig garnish
- Collect a wine glass
- Add Supasawa, Italicus, Cocchi Americano & Pisco
- Fill with cubed ice
- Stir for 5 seconds and lengthen with Fentimans Elderflower tonic
- Add 3 dashes of orange bitters
- Lightly churn & top with further ice if required
- Dip taste & garnish
Bartender Karen from UnCruise Adventures has curated the perfect cocktail to relax after a day of hiking, paddling and kayaking in the pristine Alaskan wilderness. She calls it – The Alaskan Plunge – and here’s her secret recipe…
- 1.5 shots of Vodka
- Half a shot of St Germain
- A Quarter of a lemon juiced
- Half a shot of Creme de Menthe
Shake all ingredients with cube ice – strain into a Martini glass and garnish with an apple wheel
Stay tuned for more great recipes to take your taste buds around the world (even when you can’t).
(We recommend alcohol use in moderation and not for those with health issues or those under the legal drinking age).