Cocktails of the World – Part three
Taking our taste buds there, even when we can’t.
While our love of travelling is put on hold, we’ve decided to combine two of our second favourite loves – the love of learning, and the love of cocktails – into a multi-part blog celebrating the world’s flavours in a single delicious glass…
Many who have sailed with Azamara will have met the delightful Papa Dale. His signature cocktail is aptly named after his home of Jamaica. Let us know if you hear reggae when you drink this one…
- 1 1/2 oz light rum
- 1/2 oz Apricot Brandy
- 2 oz pineapple juice
- 5 oz sour mix
- Dash clear syrup
- Shaken and served over ice in 10 oz highball glass
- Float 1/2 oz Myers dark rum on top
- Garnish with cherry and orange
“I’m on a whisky diet. I’ve lost three days already.”Tommy Cooper
CARAMEL APPLE MARTINI
Celebrating the flavours of autumn in North America is this delicious, sweet and spicy cocktail from our friends at American Queen Steamboat company. You can just about hear the autumn leaves crunching under your feet….
- 2 oz apple cider
- 2 oz caramel vodka
- 1 oz butterscotch schnapps
- Cinnamon sugar
- Sliced apple for garnish
- Rim your martini glass with cinnamon sugar (to get the suggar to stick, dip the rim of your glass in a little apple cider then into the sugar).
- Combine the 3 liquids into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously
- strain mixture into the rimmed martini glass
- Garnish with a slice of fresh apple
Nothing says Sorrento, Italy, like Limoncello. So why stop with just one Lemony cocktail when you can make four here with this great little video? Once you’ve mixed up your favourite, let this citrus treat transport you to long hot summer days and pasta filled nights….
Stay tuned for more great recipes to take your taste buds around the world (even when you can’t).
(We recommend alcohol use in moderation and not for those with health issues or those under the legal drinking age).