|10 Nov 2020||
|11 Nov 2020||
|12 Nov 2020||
|13 Nov 2020||
|14 Nov 2020||
4 Night Cruise sailing from Iquitos roundtrip aboard Aqua Nera.
Get a taste of the most biodiverse rainforest in the world aboard the Aqua Nera. Begin your journey in Iquitos, a rustic city which is the beating commercial heart of the
Peruvian Amazon. Our 4-night itineraries focuses on the Marañon, the Amazon River’s largest tributary, as well as other neighboring waterways, the Samira , Yarapa and
Yanayacu-Pucate. Discover the habitats of these nutrient rich waterbodies and how they — and the jungle around them — support a vast array of wildlife.
Regardless of the low water or high water season, our local born-and-bred naturalist guides know the characteristics of Amazonian birds and animals. With their keen senses,
they guide Aqua Nera’s ergonomic, low-emission skiffs to the jungle trails or tributaries where up-close wildlife encounters are likeliest. Knowing the Peruvian Amazon and the Pacaya-Samiria National Reserve like the back of their hand helps our guides make the most of your whirlwind trip to the Amazon.
Day 1 Iquitos / Nauta / Embarkation
Day 2 Yanayacu-Pucate River / Lisboa Town
Day 3 Samiria River
Day 4 Nauta Caño River / Casual Jungle Walk
Day 5 Arrival In Iquitos / Manatee Rescue Center
Setting a new standard for luxury river cruising on the Amazon, Aqua Nera draws design inspiration from the Peruvian Amazon’s mystical blackwater lagoons and bears the hallmarks of contemporary style and generous interiors that Aqua Expeditions cruise ships are known for.
Aboard the Aqua Nera, award-winning architects Noor Design crafts every space to perfection. The vessel’s 20 spacious Design Suites convey a sense of Amazon tranquility, while the social spaces showcase refined elegance with a touch of drama. Tastefully woven into the design are accents and details from the rubber boom era and the colorful cultures of Portugal, Spain and Peru.
Aqua Nera operates alongside the Aria Amazon, taking guests into the depths of the Peruvian Amazon in the comfort of luxury and featuring cuisine by Pedro Miguel Schiaffino, one of Peru’s finest chefs, known for creating refined cuisine from native Amazonian produce. Expert naturalist guides conduct small group excursions that reward guests with up-close wildlife encounters in the world’s most biodiverse rainforest.
Ship Profile & Stats
- Length: 205 Feet
- Maiden Voyage: July 2020
- Passenger Capacity (dbl): 40
- Crew Nationality: Peruvian
- Officer Nationality: Peruvian
- Dining Staff Nationality: Peruvian
- Ship Registration: Peru
- Hair Dryer
- Music Docking Station
- Air Conditioning
- In Room Safe
- Sun Decks
- Indoor and Outdoor Bars
- Indoor dining room and outdoor private dining
- Screening room with theater-style seating
- Outdoor cinema under the stars
- Games room with pool table
- Outside shaded lounge with single and double day beds
- Antique and artisanal boutique
- Lobby lounge
- Observation deck with outdoor sunbeds
- Top deck gym overlooking the river
- Infirmary with onboard medical staff
- Outdoor top deck plunge pool with private cabanas
- Two spa treatment rooms, one single and one double.
Aqua Expeditions was launched in 2007 by founder and CEO, Francesco Galli Zugaro, to fulfill his dream of bringing unparalleled travel experiences, in the utmost comfort, to modern-day adventurers cruising the world’s greatest rivers.
Beginning with the Peruvian section of the Amazon River, one of the world’s last great unexplored regions, Galli Zugaro commissioned the custom design of the Aqua Amazon, the first cruiseship to set sail on this stretch of the Amazon.
Increased demand for Aqua Expeditions uniquely intimate, life enriching river safari led to the launch of a second custom designed vessel, the Aria Amazon in 2011, with 16 suites designed by Puig with a similar five-star boutique hotel sophistication, and cruising the same captivating stretch of the Peruvian Amazon amidst equally thoughtful comforts and fascinating wildlife. With hand-crafted Amazon River itineraries from and to the remote Amazonian city of Iquitos, the Aria Amazon carries travelers to the source of the Amazon and the remote Pacaya Samiria Reserve. Expert professional naturalist guides lead guests in small groups by skiff up Amazon River tributaries to first-hand encounters with Amazon wildlife from pink dolphins and piranha, to capuchin monkeys and three toed sloth hiding in the rainforest canopy, and hoatzin, toucans and macaws gliding seemingly effortlessly across the cloudless, cerulean sky.
Success on one of the world’s great rivers encouraged Galli Zugaro to set off across the continents in search of the next once-in-a-lifetime luxury river experience for Aqua Expeditions. On the Mekong River between Cambodia and Vietnam, he found that elusive journey, one that would capture imaginations as profoundly as did the Peruvian Amazon. In October 2014, Aqua Expeditions launched a third luxury vessel, the 20-suite Aqua Mekong on the historic Mekong River between Siem Reap, Cambodia and Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. Floor to ceiling picture windows aboard Aqua Mekong allow guests to enjoy captivating panoramas of emerald flooded forests, colonial churches and stilt villages in the privacy of their suite. Guided shore excursions include enlightening visits to remote Buddhist temples and onto Cambodia’s vast Tonle Sap Lake before continuing on to Angkor Wat.
Select the Deck to view detail.
Select the Cabin to view detail.
* Unless otherwise noted all pricing is on a per person twin share basis. All prices based on cash payment - credit card fees may apply. Cruise deposit, amendment and cancellation conditions apply. Special conditions may apply - please ask for full details at time of enquiry. All passports, vaccinations and visas are the responsibility of the travelling guest to secure prior to departure from Australia. Any pricing not in Australian Dollars will be converted on the day of payment into the relevant currency based on our daily rate of exchange. Please note that many of the prices shown on this website are not shown in real time. Whilst we endeavour to keep our pricing as up-to-date as possible, the advertised prices shown here may differ slightly from the live prices in our booking system. All pricing and offers are subject to availability at time of booking. Whilst all information is correct at the time of publication, offers are subject to change. We reserve the right to correct errors without penalty. Please submit any data errors/omissions you may notice on this site.
Unless otherwise expressly noted, all materials, including images, illustrations, designs, icons, and photographs appearing anywhere on this website are protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. The copyright on such materials is held by the original creator of the materials. None of the materials may be copied, reproduced, displayed, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in whole or in part in any form or by any means other than as provided by Cruise Factory and Cruise Traveller to its clients, or with the prior written permission of Cruise Factory and Cruise Traveller. All rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved. Any unauthorised use of the materials appearing on this website may violate copyright, trademark and other applicable laws and could result in criminal or civil penalties.