Riviera announces new health and safety protocols
Riviera Travel River Cruises has announced expansive, new Covid-safe health and safety protocols for the 13 luxury river ships it operates across Europe.
The leading, England-based cruise line has partnered with the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health in the UK to develop the enhanced hygiene and sanitation measures and is also liaising with international health bodies to ensure the highest standards are being met and that procedures are reviewed regularly and updated as needed.
Riviera Travel International Sales Manager, Shelley Davey, said the new protective policies were designed to safeguard guests’ health and well-being while also allowing for an enjoyable cruise experience.
“Riviera Travel River Cruises has always maintained rigorous health standards but as we prepare to return to the great rivers of Europe, we’ll be implementing heightened standards and protocols to safeguard the health and safety of our guests and crew alike,” Ms Shelley said. “Our five-star river ships are already designed to be spacious and uncrowded, carrying less passengers than other river ship of the same size. Working alongside leading health experts, our goal is for guests to enjoy their cruise and return home, happy and healthy.”
Enhanced guidelines include these measures:
- Mandatory pre-departure health declaration and compulsory health screening during boarding, with all luggage sanitised.
- Daily, touch-free temperature check for passengers during the cruise.
- Public areas and touch points will be cleaned and disinfected throughout the day, with hand sanitising stations located throughout the ship.
- Lounge and restaurant seating will allow for social distancing while in restaurants, dining will be a la carte and served by crew with reserved seating. Restaurants will be cleaned and disinfected between meals.
- Bars and lounges will have full waiter service and water, tea, coffee and snacks will be available from crew.
- Our ships’ state-of-the-art climate control system draws in fresh air which is not interchanged between cabins or public areas.
- On included excursions, group sizes and guide-to-guest ratio will respect social distancing regulations while coaches will be cleaned before each excursion and be limited to 50 per cent occupancy. Personal audio commentary devices will be sanitised before each cruise. Bicycles to be disinfected after use.
- For crew, a quarantine period and a medical certificate or test will be required prior to the start of all contracts. Crew will undergo daily temperature checks and ongoing health screenings and be required to wear face coverings when necessary. Crew will observe social distancing onboard and within their accommodation.
- Depending on health authority advice, guests may also be required to wear a face covering when moving throughout ship and during excursions.
- Between cruises, all cabins, suites and public areas will undergo deep cleaning and ventilation. All goods will be disinfected before being brought on board.
Riviera Travel River Cruises will offer a record 350 sailings across Europe in 2021 on an unprecedented 20 different itineraries and 14 luxury river ships.